Monday, June 22, 2009

Shalom is done

Just finished off the Shalom cardigan for DD1. The button has been sewn, the ends are woven in and now it just needs to go in the washer and dryer before I take a picture.

This was a really easy knit, although the stockinette portion was driving me a bit crazy after a while. The only modification I did to the pattern was the weight of the yarn. Since this was to fit my 10 year old DD, I used worsted weight (although I think VC is actually closer to an aran weight) instead of the bulky yarn called for in the pattern. I used size 8 needles although a size 9 would have been good as well. I'm a rather loose knitter, so I think 8 ended up being a good choice.

It took me about 4 days to finish the sweater. DD1 is thrilled.

I already have the yarn out for my next project. About 2 years ago, I went to the LSS to find a yarn to make Fetchings and the lady at the store suggested this fabulously soft Louisa Harding Impression yarn and a pattern from the book "Winter's Muse Landscapes" called "Swinstry"

No comments:

Post a Comment